Home Collection Kit
Check out our turnkey business solutions for COVID-19 testing in the workplace!
Important Information About the COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit DTC
This test is for use by persons 18+ who are not experiencing severe symptoms.
COVID-19 is caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Infection with the virus can range from being asymptomatic to life-threatening respiratory illness. Infection has been detected globally and in all 50 states. Symptoms associated with COVID-19 include cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell.
COVID-19 can present with severe illness in individuals of any age and without any previous health problems, but the risk for severe illness from COVID-19 increases with age, with older adults at highest risk. Having underlying medical conditions may also increase oneâ€™s risk for severe illness from COVID-19. Conditions and other risk factors that may be associated with severe illness and death are listed below.
If you have any symptoms concerning for COVID-19 and any of the following conditions or risk factors, which may put you at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19, you should consult with your healthcare provider before using this test:
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant or bone marrow transplant, immune deficiencies, HIV, use of corticosteroids, or use of other immune weakening medicines
- Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 or higher)
- Serious heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Asthma (moderate-to-severe)
- Cerebrovascular disease (affects blood vessels and blood supply to the brain)
- Cystic fibrosis
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Neurologic conditions, such as dementia
- Liver disease
- Pulmonary fibrosis (having damaged or scarred lung tissues)
- Thalassemia (a type of blood disorder)
- Type 1 diabetes mellitus
Regardless of your risk status, if you are experiencing any of the following emergency warning signs for COVID-19, it is recommended that you immediately seek emergency care:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake up or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
Specimens that are self-collected will not be tested with an internal control to confirm that the specimen was properly collected. As such self-collected specimens from SARS-CoV-2 positive individuals may yield negative results if the specimen was not collected properly.
How It Works
Order your kits
Order kits directly to your business OR directly to individuals! Pick the amount and frequency that’s right for you and your business.
Simple Self Collection
Sample collection is performed in the comfort of home with a noninvasive, shallow, nasal swab. Samples will be sent back to our lab in a prepaid and pre-addressed envelope using FedEx Priority Overnight shipping for a speedy turn around time!
Get and track results*
Use our Results database for easy tracking of company wide testing.
*Results tracking is ONLY available and used for businesses to ensure the health and safety of the workplace.
COVID-19 Kit FAQs
See below for some of our most frequently asked questions!
See COVID-19 FAQs
Is the GetMyDNA COVID-19 home kit approved for travel?
Our customers have had a lot of success travelling around the world, however we recommend you always check with the airlines and destination country to determine what is required for your Covid report
Included in our report is:
– Your name
– Date of collection
– The type of test (RT-PCR)
– The lab used, including CLIA number
If you are concerned that your schedule may not allow for our testing process, we recommend that you check your state department’s website for other testing options.
Who should take this test?
This test is for anyone 18 years and older who thinks they may have been exposed to COVID-19, or those who are currently experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Those who are not experiencing symptoms are still eligible for this test, as it is possible to be infected by SARS-CoV-2 without being symptomatic.
If your symptoms are severe, such as difficulty breathing, it is recommended that you seek emergency medical attention right away and do not take this test.
Is this authorized by the FDA?
Yes, the GetMyDNA COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit DTC and our lab partner, Gravity Diagnostics, have received Emergency Use Authorization from the FDA.
This home collection kit has not been FDA cleared or approved. This home collection kit has been authorized by FDA under an EUA. This home collection kit has been authorized only for the home collection and maintenance of nasal swab specimens as an aid in detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens. This home collection kit in combination with the authorized test is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostic tests for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the authorization is terminated or revoked sooner.
How quickly will I get my COVID-19 Test Home Collection Kit and results?
– All of our kits are sent and received via FedEx Priority Overnight® shipping at no cost. This delivers by 8 pm the next business day to most US residences.
– We fulfill kit orders Mon-Sat. Kits ordered in the morning will ship out the same day, those ordered in the afternoon may ship out the next day.
– Once the sample is received by our lab, we will process your order within 24 hours. We strive to process most orders the same day they are received.
Are GetMyDNA COVID-19 Test results accurate?
We use rt-PCR testing, the gold standard in COVID-19 tests. All samples are processed by Gravity Diagnostics to ensure you always know exactly where your sample is processed. Gravity Diagnostics is CLIA and CAP-certified, with over 2 Million Covid tests completed to date. Learn more at www.gravitydiagnostics.com/